The unit Software engineering is part of the department "Engineering Bus & Car". We are responsible for the research, development and testing of electric and electronic components in city buses and coaches.
Within the unit, you will be the expert in telematics for the vehicle.
- You will be part of choosing partners for the telematics equipment and backoffice solution.
- Every customer has specific needs for their telematics platform. It is your responsibility to find solutions.
- You will define new types of reporting towards our customers based on the vehicle data.
- You will set up a system that allows the engineers to use the vehicle data to improve future designs.
- You will work with aftersales to improve the maintenance of the vehicles and avoid standstill.
- You will be working in Agile/SCRUM teams following the V-model.
We are expecting from you :
- Master of Bachelor degree in an Electronics/automotive related education or equivalent through experience.
- Proven knowledge of automotive software, electronics and networks (mostly CAN).
- Proven experience in telematics solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM).
- Good communication skills and a solution drive approach are essential as you will be working with different departments.
- Able to estimate, prioritize and organize tasks independently.
- Able to communicate fluently in English (writing, speaking, understanding).
It will be an advantage when you :
- Have experience with vehicle diagnostics (tools, vehicle DTC, UDS protocol, …).
- Have practical knowledge of Automotive Spice, V-model development, ISO26262.
- Have experience in HIL/SIL testing.
- Challenging projects.
- Training and growth opportunities within the organization.
- You are part of a dynamic team were individual initiatives are appreciated.
- Working for a notable international family company.
- The opportunity to build the buses and coaches of tomorrow in an innovative and creative way.
Become a member of #teamvanhool